The automotive compression tester works with most car models with gasoline engines. It comes with adapters and pipes in different size to fit different models. Widely used for checking compression on engine cylinder quickly and accurately.
Petrol Gas Engine Cylinder Compression Tester Kit Precision Automotive Tool Pressure Gauge
Measurement Range: 21(MPa)
Precision Level: Precision
Connection Type: Threaded connection
Nominal diameter: 70mm
Ambient Temperature: Room temperature (℃)
Usage: Gasoline car, motorcycle cylinder gauge
How to Use the Compression Tester?
1. Start the engine until the normal operating temperature is reached.
2. Loosen all spark plugs for one or two turns and drive the engine with the starter (but don't let the engine start) for 5-10 seconds, which will disperse the dust around the spark plug bottom and prevent it from falling into the cylinder
3, Remove all spark plugs carefully, visual inspection of the spark plug can find a lot of problems, such as: spark plug oil, piston ring is broken or valve tube wear, burnt spark plug means vacuum leakage.
4. Fully open the carburetor valve and see if this is the case.
5. with the starter to drive the engine, the pressure gauge rubber refractory cone tightly pressed the spark plug hole.
6. Use the starter to drive the engine until a slight pulse occurs on each compression stroke through the four compression processes. Pay attention to the readings of the first and fourth strokes. Make sure the battery is fully charged, the starter is in good condition and the engine is running at normal speed. If using the starter to drive the engine too slowly may lead to false results.
7. After reading the measurement, pull down the relief valve at the cone end to reduce pressure.
The engine is in good condition under the following conditions:
1. First stroke 50-70 LBS/h 2 (PSI)
2. The last stroke is within the rated technical conditions
3. The difference between cylinders is less than the fixed difference
Note: Cylinder difference should not exceed 10-15 psi (for Ford, the minimum should be less than 3/4 (70%) of the maximum)
1pc x Gasoline Compression Tester
1pc x Hose
4pcs x Thread Adapters
1pc x Straight Line Pressure Pipe
1pc x Angled Pressure Pipe
1pc x Storage Case
1pc x User Manual