Launch X431 HD3 HD III Ultimate Heavy Duty Truck Diagnostic Adapter is a multifunctional module intended for the diagnosis of trucks and commercial vehicles using X431 V+ , X431 PRO3, X431 PAD II and X431 PAD III scanners. With this module you can retrofit an existing multi-brand scanner for passenger cars, thereby expanding its functionality.
Launch X431 HD3 Ultimate Heavy Duty Truck Diagnostic Adapter
With this device you test heavy equipment at 12 / 24V. Connections via USB and Bluetooth. The package also includes the necessary additional adapters.
The new LAUNCH heavy duty module is perfect for a shop that works on heavy duty (Class 4 through 8) and medium trucks.
More over this module can work with the X-431 PAD II, PAD III, PAD V and the new Superior PAD III, to expand the diagnosis of the HD vehicle and can diagnose both 12V & 24V vehicles.
Launch X431 HD3 Functions
- Identification of control units
- Adaptation of control units
- Reset service intervals
- Reading vehicle data streams
- Display of current system parameters
- Check actuators
- Reading and erasing vehicle fault codes
- 36 brands of foreign trucks with the possibility of expanding the supported brands
- Indicators showing the status of the connection in real time
- IP65 protection
- shockproof case.
Powerful special functions:
- Component Replacement, Cylinder Compression Test, Injector Cut Out Test, DPF Regeneration
- Communicates with ABS & Transmissions from Bendix, Wabco and Allison
- Tech to Tech remote communication function
Supported heavy duty vehicle list:
Europe:MERCEDES BENZ, MAN, VOLVO, SCANIA, IVECO, DAF, RENAULT
U.S: Freightliner, INTERNATIONAL, Kenworth, PETERBILT, STERLING, WESTERN STAR, MACK, DETROIT, CUMMINS
Asia:HINO, FUSO, ISUZU, UD, HYUNDAI
Activate HD III & Download Software
If you had a diagnostic tool of 12V passenger car configuration and intend to extend the diagnostics of commercial vehicles, follow the steps described below to activate the HD III:
Note: Please make sure that the diagnostic tool is properly connected to the Internet before proceeding this step.
1.Launch the application, and log in the system using the existing user account of Passenger Vehicle Configuration, and then tap "Personal Center (or )" setting icon-Profile Activate VCI (or "Activate Connector )".
2.Input the Product S/N and Activation Code, which can be found in the supplied Password Envelope, then tap "Activate" to activate the HD III.
3. Tap "Update" to enter update center, tap "Update" to download and install the diagnostic software of Commercial vehicles.
4. After the software download is complete, a new "Heavy-duty" tab will appear on the Diagnostic main menu screen.
Toggle Between Passenger and Commercial Vehicles
If several VCI connectors and HD III devices are activated on the diagnostic tool, a list of connectors will be displayed in the "VCI (or "My Connector"), which can be accessed by tapping "Personal Center (or ) Profile".
- Switch from a passenger car to a commercial vehicle
If you want to switch from a passenger car to a commercial vehicle, enter "VCI (or "My Connector") -> select the HD III S/N (starting with 98649) -> Return to the diagnostic main menu -> connect the HD III, diagnostic tool and vehicle -> tap "Heavy-duty" tab to select the corresponding vehicle model -> follow the on-screen prompts to start a diagnostic session
- Switch from a commercial vehicle to a passenger car
To switch from a commercial vehicle to a passenger car, enter "VCI (or "My Connector") -> select the VCI connector S/N -> Return to the diagnostic main menu ->connect the VCI connector, scan tool and vehicle -> Use VINScan (or manual diagnosis) to start diagnosis.
1set X Launch X431 HD3