WIFI GM MDI Multiple Diagnostic Interface provide full dealer level diagnosis and programming for all cars owned by GM.
GM MDI software hdd includes Global TIS, GDS 2, Tech2Win software. GM Multiple diagnostic interface support GM group cars til 2020.
GM MDI Multiple Diagnostic Interface Wifi With Tech2Win, GDS2, Global TIS Software
GM MDI Highlights:
- 1. Latest software:
- GDS2: V21.2.08800
- GM Global: V2020.3.0
- 2. Multi-languages: English, French, German,Italian.etc. Total 30 languages to choose
- 3. Easy to use: Insert the MDI gds2 software HDD to your computer, software can use directly with MDI scanner device, no need activation.
- 4. Support Vauxhall Opel/Buick and Chevrolet till year 2020
- 5. GM MDI Hardware is Original Make, with high quality
Tips On Using GM MDI:
- 1.Please make sure your computer support win7 64 bits system.
- 2.Computer system requirements: Year after 2008, 4GB RAM. You can use it with our evg7 laptop
- 3.If computer failed to boot up, please enter BOIS system, change the SATA driver to AHCI.
- 4.HDD laptop request:
- It can not use in D630 and X200 laptop.It is suitable for laptop built after 2008, such as E6420, T420, EVG7 ect.
MDI is the Multi Diagnostics Interface
- 1. Works as the high-quality Vauxhall / Opel dealer diagnostic interface
- 2. Can be used with Global TIS, GDS 2, Tech2Win software on a new laptop
- 3. Provides full dealer level diagnostics and programming
- 4. Supports all Vauxhall /Opel 16 pin vehicles from 1996 to 2018
- 5. Perfoms quickly and used easily to make customers happy and win new business by offering the 6. Exact same functions as the main dealers, including;
* Automatic vehicle recognition
* DTC reading and removal
* Complete list of live data streaming for all main ECU
* Recordable / playback of live data
* New software flash for existing ECU to fix drivability issues
* Programming and installation of new ECU (PCM, ABS, Instrument cluster, air bag, fuel pumps etc.,)
* Programming new keys
* Setting / removing speed limiters
* J2534 pass thru offering ECU re-flash and diagnostics for other vehicle manufacturers, when subscribed to their specified software
* More dealer specific functions
GM MDI and GDS Background:
MDI is an interface between the vehicle DLC and a PC (by wired USB, wired Ethernet, wireless Ethernet ) and TIS2web.
- Can be Used for SPS programming on existing and future SGM vehicles.
- Required for diagnostics on new SGM Global A Electrical Architecture Vehicles.
- Used with TIS2Web, GM Global Diagnostics System (GDS), SPS and MDI Manager Software
- Allows for GDS diagnostic
- GM Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI)
All current and most legacy vehicle protocols: UART, KW2000, CLASS2, GM LAN, etc.
- Needed for Global A architechture vehicles
- Supports Service Programming System (SPS)
- Passthrough progrmming on past model and Global A vehicles
- Supports PC-Based diagnostics with rollout of the Global Diagnositc System (GDS) application
- Includes Flight Recorder Mode
New Diagnostic Application Software Required for Global A Vehicles:
- Global Diagnostic System (GDS)
- PC-based software diagnsotics
- DTCs, Diagnostics, Data Display & Visualization, Device Controls, Special Tests, Flight Recorder management, etc.
- GDS is software which runs on a specific PC. Updates received via TIS2Web.
- Multiple display options. More space for diagnsotics. Session management for multiple us.
The Future of the GM MDI:
The Tech 2 remains an essential tool through at least the 2010 model year. The for GM MDI will not support past models when its diagnostic capabilities are introduced. And, the Tech2 will continue to be needed to diagnose all vehicles fromprevious model years. Remote programming with the Tech 2 will continue to be supported for use on all 2007 and previous vehicles.Additional information will be supplied in future.
HOW WILL THE for GM MDI BE USED?
The new for GM MDI can be used only in the Pass-Thru method. This means you can use it as your programming tool, while your Tech 2/CANdi remains available for diagnostics and other duties.
The for GM MDI is initially being introduced with Pass-Thru programming capabilities only. It can be used to perform Pass-Thru programming on all vehicles built since 1996 and will support all vehicles into the future.
The for GM MDI will be required to perform diagnostics on selected NAO vehicles for model year 2009. Diagnostic software is scheduled to be released for the for GM MDI during the fourth quarter of 2008.
Regulations require programming procedures to be compliant with SAE Recommended Practice J2534. The for GM SPS is compliant with SAE Recommended Practice J2534, and the for GM MDI is compliant with the portions of SAE J2534 that are applicable for GM vehicles.
What Protocols Does the GM MDI Support?
For immediate use — At present, vehicles have two buses on the 16 pin connector
(high speed and low speed GMLAN). The GM MDI communicates using all of the existing GM protocols, the same as the GM Tech2:
- Class 2
- GMLAN (CAN)
Beginning with the 2008 model year vehicles, Pass-Thru will be the only programming method available. (Remote will continue to be available for previous vehicle
GM MDI Tech2Win and GDS2 Software Display:
Vehicles before 2009 can use Tech2win software do offline programming, after year of 2009 can only use GM online account to do online programming.
GM MDI Package List:
1pc x GM MDI interface ( without software )
1pc x OBD cable
1pc x USB cable
1pc x carry bag
1pc x GM MDI 2.5" SATA HDD